March 20, 2012

The Chocolate Bear Burglary by Joanna Carl (Chocoholic Mystery #2)


  • Mass Market Paperback: 240 pages
  • Publisher: Signet 
  • ISBN-13: 978-0451207470 

CONFESSIONS OF A CONFECTIONER

After leaving her bad-news husband back in Texas, Lee McKinney moved up north to a quaint resort town. Now she keeps the books for her aunt’s luxury-chocolate shop. But Lee soon finds that Michigan winters can be murder....

Lee and Aunt Nettie can’t believe their luck. A teddy bear promotion will have tourists flocking to Warner Pier, which could mean skyrocketing sales for TenHuis Chocolade. To help decorate the scrumptious store, their friend Gail, an antique dealer, lends them a collection of valuable chocolate molds. But after a burglary at the shop, Gail meets with a grisly fate—and the main suspect in her murder is Lee’s troubled teenage stepson. Lee sets out to clear his name, but awakening long-hibernating family secrets might be more than this daring crime solver can bear…

INCLUDES TASTY CHOCOLATE TRIVIA! - Quoted from the back of the book

This is the second book in JoAnna's Chocoholic Mystery series. This book grabbed me from page one.In fact it read so fast for me I finished it in two days. I loved the teddy bear theme behind this mystery. Even though it has been awhile since I have read the first book, I was able to pick up and remember the main characters with no problem. I was a little worried about Lee and Joe's relationship and how it was going to play out in the end but I don't want to spoil anything. Bringing in Lee's ex-stepson was a nice twist to the story. As for the crime for part of the book there really only seemed to be one suspect but you did not want to believe it was him, then as a good mystery goes along you start thinking maybe it was someone else. I will not spill the beans and tell who did it, but you may be surprised to figure it all out. I give this book 5 stars.


2 comments:

  1. Great review! I enjoyed reading this book with you!
    I really enjoy this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely review :) I've had the first book on my tbr list for awhile now, hopefully I'll get to it soon. :)
    Now following your blog!
    - Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete