May 6, 2014

Postcards from the Dead by Laura Childs


Postcards from the Dead by Laura Childs
Scrapbooking Mystery #10
ISBN: 9780425252277
Mass Market Paperback

Synopsis: Kimber Breeze of KBEZ-TZ is broadcasting live from a hotel balcony in the French Quarter, interviewing locals and capturing the spectacle in the streets. But as Carmela Bertrand, owner of Memory Mine scrapbooking shop, waits to be interviewed next, someone sneaks onto the balcony and strangles Kimber with a cord, leaving her body dangling above the parade.

Soon after the murder, Carmela begins receiving strange postcards at her shop -- signed by the late reporter. Now she and her friend Ava must risk their own necks to find out who's posing as a ghost and expose a killer...

My review: As you all know I am a big fan of Laura's and her books. I have to say she did not disappoint me with this installment in this series. Carmela has a way of always finding herself in the middle of a murder and wants to help find the person who committed the crime. In the midst of solving the crime she starts getting getting creepy postcards and as she goes along more trouble comes her way. I like how Laura makes you think it could be a number of people as a suspect but waits until the very end to reveal the real killer. The only thing that I did not like about this book was that for some reason this time Ava drove me nuts. She seemed a little pushy and just annoying this time. But I will not let this keep me from reading this series. I recommend this book to mystery lovers.

2 comments:

  1. I havent read this book yet, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aside from Ava being pushy it sounds like it was a nice read!

    ReplyDelete