March 9, 2015

The Berenstain Bears: God Made You Special by Mike Berenstein


I received this book from Book Look Bloggers in exchange for a fair and honest review

The Berenstain Bears: God Made You Special by Mike Berenstain
ISBN: 9780310734833
Paperback

Synopsis:
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.”
Matthew 5:8
In this newest 8x8 softcover title in the Berenstain Bears Living Lights collection, the Bruins join the Bear family for a cookout and bring their cousin Tommy along. It isn’t long before the cubs start up a game of baseball and Sister soon notices that Tommy doesn’t play like the rest of the group. When Sister asks about Tommy, Mama takes the opportunity to talk to Sister about how God makes each of us unique in our own way. And that we all have special gifts and talents to share with the folks around us.
Review: 
I am a fan of the Berenstain Bears books so I jumped at the chance to review this book. Even though my kids are grown I now have little nieces and nephews so I continue to look at books for the younger generation. I like how this book was written and has the meaning that we are all special. The illustrations in this book are very colorful and draw your eyes right to the page. I like how Mama bear explained to Sister Bear that each one is special in their own way. I think this book is a must read for all children that way when they encounter someone different than them they know how to handle it. 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a wonderful book! I really enjoy "The Berenstain Bears" books, and this one has a wonderful message!

    ReplyDelete