November 5, 2015

Christmas on Candy Cane Lane by Sheila Roberts

I received this book from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review

Published: October 27. 2015
Number of pages: 393
Genre: Romance
Series: Life in Icicle Falls #8

Synopsis:
Icicle Falls is the place to be at Christmas…

Everyone's getting ready for Christmas in Icicle Falls, especially on Candy Cane Lane, where holiday decorating is taken very seriously. Tilda Morrison, town cop, is looking forward to celebrating Christmas in her first house… until she discovers that she's expected to "keep up" with the neighbors, including Maddy Donaldson, the inspiration behind the whole extravaganza. But this year, someone's destroying Maddie's precious candy canes! Thank goodness for the cop in their neighborhood.

Tilda already has her hands full trying to sort out her love life and fix up her fixer-upper. Oh, and won't it be fun to have the family over for Christmas dinner? Not really… Then there's her neighbor, Ivy Bohn. As a newly single mom, Ivy can sum up the holiday in two words: Bah, humbug. But she's determined to give her kids a perfect Christmas.

Despite family disasters, irritating ex-husbands and kitchen catastrophes, these three women are going to find out that Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year!

What did I think of this book:
Shelia Roberts is one of my favorite authors of all time and I just love it when I get a chance to read a new book by her. It is always fun to take another trip back to Icicle Falls and get to know another resident or two just a little bit better. Candy Cane Lane sounds like a street in my hometown that everyone would go to drive through to see all the lights and decorations on the houses. The only problem with Candy Cane Lane is someone did not like the candy canes and was set on destroying them, but who. You must read to find out as you will be shocked. I was happy to see that Tilda may actually have a softer side to her. Then we have Ivy and all that she is going through. I felt bad for her trying to adjust to her new way of life since her husband left her, but she may be in for a surprise. This is one author that I can read the entire book in two days. Once I got started I did not want to put it down until I was done. I highly recommend this entire series and look forward to the next one. 

1 comment: