May 23, 2023

Break time is over!

 


I had to take a step back from blogging for awhile as it was starting to feel more like work and not so fun.  I am going to start sharing my book reviews again.  I am going to change things up a little and do monthly posts with the exception of books that I have been asked to review for authors.  There has been a lot happen since regulary posting and a lot of it was good.  


Right now I am finishing up reading The Sewing Girl's Tale by John Wood Sweet. A riveting Revolutionary Era drama of the first published rape trial in American history and its long, shattering aftermath, revealing how much has changed over two centuries―and how much has not.  I have been enjoying this book. 


I am also finishing listening to The Revolutionary Samuel Adams by Stacy Schiff. A revelatory biography from a Pulitzer Prize-winner about the most essential Founding Father—the one who stood behind the change in thinking that produced the American Revolution.  This has been an interesting book. 



Stay tuned for more posts in the near future. 

1 comment: