October 6, 2012

Inescaple by Nancy Mehl


Title: Inescaple
Author: Nancy Mehl
Genre: Christian Fiction
Source: Sent to my by Bethany House
Published: Bethany House, July 1, 2012
Type:  Trade Paperback
ISBN: 9780764209277
Synopsis of Book: Lizzie Engel is used to running away. At eighteen, she left her Mennonite hometown, Kingdom, Kansas, with plans never to return.
But five years later, the new life she built is falling apart. Lizzie knows she's being followed, and she's certain the same mysterious stranger is behind the threatening letters she's received. Realizing she'll have to run again, the only escape Lizzie can manage is a return to the last place she wants to go.
Once she arrives in Kingdom, Lizzie is confident she'll be safe until she comes up with a new plan. In reacquainting herself with the town and its people--especially her old friend, Noah Housler--she wonders if she judged her hometown and her Mennonite faith too harshly. However, just as she begins to come to terms with her roots, Lizzie is horrified to discover the danger she ran from is closer than ever.
No longer sure who to trust and fearful for her life and the lives of those around her, Lizzie finds she has only one place left to run--to the Father whose love is inescapable.
Why I Read This Book: I was given this book by Bethany House for a fair and honest review.
What I liked: I liked that this book was about the Mennonites and how one left her faith but then came back.
What I didn't Liked: All the troubles that Lizzie had to go thru and the way her father was.
Overall Impression: I felt for Lizzie in this book. It seemed she felt alone with no where to turn so she realizes she needs to go back "home". She is afraid she will not be accepted back into her community but she was wrong with the exception of her father. This book was full of suspense which I enjoyed and it made me not want to put the book down. Even with all that is going on I liked the ending of the book and felt satisfied. This was my first book by this author and I will be looking for more. 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment