October 6, 2012

Whispers in the Wind by Lauraine Snelling (Wild West Wind #2)


Title: Whispers in the Wind (Wild West Wind #2)
Author: Lauraine Snelling
Genre: Christian Fiction
Source: Review copy from Bethany House
Published: Bethany House - August 1, 2012
Type:  Trade Paperback Paperback
ISBN: 9780764204166
Synopsis of Book: She's Come This Far.... Must She Turn Back Now?
After fleeing North Dakota and the now defunct Wild West Show, Cassie Lockwood and her companions have finally found the hidden valley in South Dakota where her father had dreamed of putting down roots. But to her dismay, she discovers a ranch already built on her land.
Cassie's arrival surprises Mavis Engstrom and forces her to reveal secrets she's kept hidden for years. Her son Ransom is suspicious of Cassie and questions the validity of her claim to the valley. But younger son Lucas decides from the start that he is in love with her and wants to marry her.
Will Cassie be able to build a home on the Bar E Ranch and fulfill her father's dream of raising horses, or will she be forced to return to the itinerant life of her past?
Why I Read This Book: I was given this book by Bethany House for a fair and honest review. I was not compensated for my review.
What I liked: As with the rest of Lauraine's books I have read, I like her writing style. Her books always pull me in and make me feel a part of the book.
What I didn't Liked: That you have to wait for the next book in the series.
Overall Impression: I always like books set in the Dakotas as I am from the Midwest so I feel drawn to these books. I have also been a fan of Lauraine's for a long time and she never disappoints me. I enjoyed reading about Cassie's story and her struggles. I love reading about the homesteading and such as that is one of the things I find interesting in this time period. The characters are strong and likable to me. I can't wait for the next one to come out. 5 Stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment