April 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - April 30th


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish

This week's subject is Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book  I have included an example of a book that I have bought that fit my words. What words make you pick up a book?


1. History - I love historical fiction books and I tend to go towards those books first. In Need of a Good Wife by Kelly O'Conner McNees
2.  Cozy - I seem to be collecting cozy mysteries and am always looking for a new one to buy. The Cupcake Mysteries by Jenn McKinley
3. Tudor - Another type of book I love to read is about the Tudors, I can't learn enough about them.  Royal Mistress by Anne Easter Smith
4.  Europe - If a book takes place in Europe then I seem to want to read it.  The Emma Harte Series by Barbara Taylor Bradford
5. Romance - I am a sucker for a little romance with a happy ending in a book.  The Innsboro Series by Nora Roberts
6. Chicklit - I think chicklit are fun light reads and enjoy picking them up While We Were Watching Downton Abbey by Wendy Wax
7. Holiday - Especially Christmas as I like to read books that have to do with Christmas to help put me in the mood at that time of year. Merry X-mas by Sheila Roberts
8. Beauty - If there is a lady dressed in a beautiful historic gown on it I will be checking it out for possible purchase. If the Slipper Fits by Olivia Drake
9. Titanic - I love anything and everything to do with the Titanic and have quite the collection of books about it and a always looking for new ones.  By the Light of the Silver Moon by Tricia Goyer
10. Time-travel - I have found that I like books in which the character is taken back in time and look or books that fall in that category. The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon












2 comments:

  1. Ooo the cupcake mysteries sound fun! Ill have to look them up! Thanks for visiting my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Innsboro Series by Nora Roberts and the cupcake series by Jenn McKinley =)

    ReplyDelete