I received this book in exchange for a fair and honest review
Published: June 30, 2015
Number of pages: 512
Genre: Mystery, Suspense
Series: Kay Scarpetta #22
Synopsis:It’s Dr. Kay Scarpetta’s birthday, and she’s about to head to Miami for a vacation with Benton Wesley, her FBI profiler husband, when she notices seven pennies on a wall behind their Cambridge house. Is this a kids’ game? If so, why are all of the coins dated 1981 and so shiny they could be newly minted? Her cellphone rings, and Detective Pete Marino tells her there’s been a homicide five minutes away. A high school music teacher has been shot with uncanny precision as he unloaded groceries from his car. No one has heard or seen a thing.
In this 22nd Scarpetta novel, the master forensic sleuth finds herself in the unsettling pursuit of a serial sniper who leaves no incriminating evidence except fragments of copper. The shots seem impossible, yet they are so perfect they cause instant death. The victims appear to have had nothing in common, and there is no pattern to indicate where the killer will strike next. First New Jersey, then Massachusetts, and then the murky depths off the coast of South Florida, where Scarpetta investigates a shipwreck, looking for answers that only she can discover and analyze. And it is there that she comes face to face with shocking evidence that implicates her techno genius niece, Lucy, Scarpetta’s own flesh and blood.
What I thought about the book:
I have not read any of the other books in this series and I thought I might be lost but the book sounded too good to pass up so I took a chance and am happy that I did. I did not seem to be lost by reading this out of order but I do feel as if I was missing out on a good series to now I need to go back and start at the first one. This book is full of suspense and you never know what is going to happen. It is one of those books that has you on the edge of your seat right up until the end.
About the author:Patricia Cornwell is recognized as one of the world’s top bestselling crime authors with novels translated into thirty-six languages in more than 120 countries. Her novels have won numerous prestigious awards including the Edgar, the Creasey, the Anthony, the Macavity, and the Prix du Roman d’Aventure. Beyond the Scarpetta series, she has written a definitive book about Jack the Ripper, a biography, and two more fiction series. Cornwell, a licensed helicopter pilot and scuba diver, actively researches the cutting-edge forensic technologies that inform her work. She was born in Miami, grew up in Montreat, North Carolina, and now lives and works in Boston.
Where to find the author
- 08/01 review @ Hezzi-Ds books and Cooks
- 08/05 review @ VicsMedia Room
- 08/06 review @ The Pen and Muse Book Reviews
- 08/07 review @ 3 Partners in Shopping, Nana, Mommy, &, Sissy, Too!
- 08/10 review @ Booked on a Feeling
- 08/11 review @ Mama Knows Books
- 08/12 review @ Griperangs Bookmarks
- 08/13 review @ fundinmental
- 08/15 review @ Deco My Heart
- 08/17 review @ Keenly Kristin
- 08/19/2015 Review @ Lauras Interests
- 08/20 review @ Books Books and More Books
- 08/20 review @ Marys Cup of Tea
- 08/21/2015 Review @ Beas Book Nook
- 08/26 review @ Lazy Day Books
- 08/26 review @ Tales of a Book Addict
- 08/27 review @ fuonlyknew
- 08/28 review @ The Book Divas Reads
- 08/29 review @ Rockin’ Book Reviews
- 08/30 review @ A Room Without Books is Empty
- 08/31 review @ Gabina49s Blog