May 17, 2015

Some Like It Witchy by Heather Blake


Some Like it Wichy by Heather Blake
Wishcraft Mystery # 5
ISBN: 9780451465887
Mass Market Paperback

Synopsis;
The Enchanted Village is abuzz when the old Tavistock house finally goes up for sale. Darcy's friend Curecrafter Cherise Goodwin is hoping she will have the winning bi on the home, but Darcy can't shake the feeling that something bad is about to happen -- and her magical instincts are usually right.

Sure enough, while Darcy and Cherise are looking at the property, they discover real estate agent Raina Gallagher stone-cold dead on the floor. Clutched in her hand is a gemstone amulet and, and on the wall above her, a large red A. While Raina had no shortage of enemies, there's also a dark legend about the house itself. To track down the killer, Darcy must unlock the secrets of both the deceased and the estate -- and she'll need to act fast, because revenge is a deal that  never closes...

Review:
I think this may be one of my favorite books in this series yet. There were more mysteries about the residents of the Enchanted Village and I loved the diamond heist tie in. It kind of gave a little history aspect to the book. Darcy is learning a little more of her past as well. As much as I have not liked Glinda I did like seeing a different side of her coming out. I like how Darcy is also thinking more about her future with Nick. I really like him and like that he is now letting Darcy do some sleuthing without getting upset with her. Aunt Ve is a real character and I feel just like Darcy and Harper when they find out about her "personal affairs" ew. It is also fun watching Mimi grow up and be more involved in things. All in all a great book and I am not liking that I have to wait a year for the next book in this series. 

2 comments: