March 19, 2014

The Cottage on Juniper Ridge by Sheila Roberts


The Cottage on Juniper Ridge by Sheila Roberts
Life in Icicle Falls #4
ISBN: 9780778314547
Mass Market Paperback

Synopsis: Can a book change your life? Yes, when it's Simplicity, Muriel Sterling's guide to plain living. In fact, it inspires Jen Heath to leave her stressful, overcommitted life in Seattle and move to Icicle Falls, where she rents a lovely little cottage on Juniper Ridge. And where she can enjoy simple pleasures - like joining the local book club - and complicated ones, like falling in love with her sexy landlord, Garrett Armstrong.

Her sister Toni is ready for a change, too. She has a teenage daughter who's constantly texting her friends, a husband who's more involved with his computer than he is with her, and a son who's consumed by video games. Toni wants her family to grow closer - to return to a simpler way of life.

Other women in town, like Stacy Thomas, are also inspired to unload their excess stuff and some of the extra responsibilities they've taken on.

But as they all discover, sometimes life simply happens. It doesn't always happen simply!

My review: I can't not say enough good things about this book, I absolutely loved this book. This is the second book in this series that I have read and one of these days I will get the first two read as this is one of my most favorite series. Icicle Falls is a town you fall in love with and want to pack up and move to. Another part of this book I liked was watching each of the characters learn how to simplify their life. It was ice watching each of them transform and their relationships prosper. I highly recommend this book to everyone and I can't wait for the next one in the series.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great book and series! I look forward to reading it soon!

    ReplyDelete