November 15, 2012

Unending Devotion by Jody Hedlund


Title: Unending Devotion
Author: Jody Hedlund
Genre: Christian Fiction
Source: Given to me to by publisher
Published: Bethany House, September 1, 2012
Type: Trade Paperback
ISBN: 9780764208348
Synopsis of Book: Michigan, 1883
In Her Darkest Hours, Is He the Man She Needs?
Lily Young longs to find her lost sister or will die trying. Heedless of any danger, she searches logging camps and towns, posing as a photographer's assistant. And then she arrives in Harrison, Michigan--and the sights of Connell McCormick.
Connell is determined to increase the fortune of his lumber-baron father and figures as long as he's living an upright life, that's what matters. But when Lily arrives in town she upends his world, forcing him to confront the truth that dangerous men have gained too much power while good men turn a blind eye.
Vexing but persuasive, Lily soon secures Connell's help, drawing them ever closer to each other. Will standing for what's right cost them both everything?
Why I read this book: This book was given to me for a fair and honest review by the publisher
What I liked: I liked the time period in which this book was set as well as the area. I have not read too many books set in Michigan. I also liked the main character Lily.
What I didn't like: I did not like some of the town's people and how they lured young women into a trade that was not nice or safe for women. I also did not like Tierney as he was not a nice person.  
Overall Impression: Again Jody did not disappoint me. I enjoy reading her books as they have a way a grabbing my attention and make me want to keep reading until the book is done. This was an interesting subject matter that is kind of hard to approach in a mild manner but it was done here. I like the way Lily got Connell to see that even though he was not a part of what was happening it was still not right by doing nothing about it and how he came around. I know this profession happened a lot in that time period but is just not usually mentioned, what a way to bring awareness. This book was full of romance, emotion, and forgiveness. Thank you Bethany House for letting me read this book. I give this book 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment