October 26, 2015

The Ninth Daughter by Barbara Hamilton


Pulished: September 29, 2009
Number of pages: 359
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Series: Abigail Adams #1

Synopsis:
1773: Massachusetts colony is torn between patriots who want independence from British rule and loyalists who support the King. At the center is the educated and beautiful Abigail Adams-wife of John Adams, a leader of the Sons of Liberty, the secret organization opposing the Crown. When her husband is accused of murder, she will clear his name.

What did I think of this book:
This was an enjoyable book for me. It is set in Revolutionary Boston so there was a little bit of history along with the mystery. I liked how the author showed Abigail's and John's relationship. There were many key characters in this book and the author gave you just enough of each of them so you could get to know them a little more. Another thing I liked was how Abigail worked with the Redcoats to solve the mystery even though they did not agree on the politics that was going on in this country at the time. The author had some clues as to the mystery but they kept me guessing until the end of the story. In fact I had no idea that the killer was who it was. I was a little shocked at who it was. I am looking forward to the next book in this series to see what kind of trouble Abigail finds next. 

Abigail Adams Series
#1 The Ninth Daughter
#2 A Marked Man
#3 Sup with the Devil

No comments:

Post a Comment