August 15, 2011

Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin


  • Paperback: 352 pages
  • Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin 
  • ISBN-13: 978-0312321192
Meet Rachel White, a young attorney living and working in Manhattan. Rachel has always been the consummate good girl - until her thirtieth birthday, when her best friend Darcy throws her a party. That night, after too many drinks, Rachel ends up in bed with Darcy's fiance. Although she wakes up determined to put the one-night fling behind her, Rachel is horrified to discover that she has genuine feelings for the one guy she should run from. In her wildest dreams (or worst nightmare?) this is the last thing on earth Rachel could ever have imagined happening. As the September wedding date nears, Rachel knows she has to make a choice. In doing so, she discovers that the lines between right and wrong can be blurry, endings aren't always neat, and sometimes you have to risk all to win true happiness. Something Borrowed is a phenomenal debut novel that will have you laughing, crying, and calling your best friend. - quoted from the back of the book.

I enjoyed this book. There were a couple of parts that I thought could have maybe moved along a little faster though. I felt empathy for Rachel and the way that her friend Darcy treated her. What a twisted turn of events ended up happening at the end of the book. I was happy with the ending but also surprised by some events. If you are looking for a light fun read you will enjoy this book. I would like to continue with this series. I gave this book 4 stars.

4 comments:

  1. I have this books on my tbr shelf. =)
    love your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will enjoy the book Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela. My name is Ashley from The Blogging Book. You entered my giveaway for The Best Laid Plans by Sarah Mayberry. You are a winner! But I think I accidentally deleted your email from the google docs. If you could please email me with your address I would appreciate it!

    bloggingbooks[at]gmail[dot]com

    http://thebloggingbook.blogspot.com/2011/08/winners-best-laid-plans.html

    Thanks & Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted to read this book for ages and still haven't gotten around to it!

    I discovered your blog on Book Blogs and have now become a follower. I'd love it if you could do the same for my blog!

    Thanks,

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    www.storybookloveaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete