May 10, 2012

Hannah's Journey by Anna Schmidt (#1 of Amish Brides of Celery Fields)


  • Mass Market Paperback: 288 pages
  • Publisher: Love Inspired
  • ISBN-13: 978-0373828685

  • What could bring an Amish widow and a wealthy circus owner together? Though Hannah Goodloe knew she'd violated countless unwritten laws, she had to visit the only man who could help find her runaway son. But when the enigmatic Levi Harmon agreed to take her on his train, the results were utterly unpredictable.
    Levi never expected to find the embodiment of all he wanted in a woman in the soft-spoken, plainly dressed Hannah. And for Hannah, to love an outsider was to be shunned. The simple pleasures of family, faith and place to belong seemed an impossible dream. Unless Levi unlocked his past and opened his heart to God's plan.


    This was my first book by this author. I enjoyed this book but to me it was a little slow moving at times. The more I read though the more I wanted to find out what was going to happen next. I like how Hannah and her family blended in so well with the circus family on the journey to find her son. The author does a good job in showing how close knit and friendly the Amish truly are. Another thing I enjoyed was that this told the story of how the Amish came to Florida. I don’t want to give away anymore but just want to say I think you will be happy with the ending. I am glad that the author chose to give up so much at the ending. I am looking forward to the next book in the series to see if the next lady finds happiness.  I give this book 3 stars.

    1 comment: