August 26, 2013

All I Ever Wanted by Kristan Higgins



All I Ever Wanted
By Kristan Higgins
ISBN: 9781426864087
Published: August 1, 2010
Type: Mass Market Paperback
3 out of 5 stars





Synopsis: One Happily-Ever-After Rocking Chair ... and no sign of any forthcoming babies to rock in ol' Georgebury, Vermont. For Callie Grey, turning thirty means coming to grips with the fact that her boss (and five-week fling) is way overdue in his marriage proposal. And way off track because Mark has suddenly announced his engagement to the company's new Miss Perfect. If that isn't bad enough, her mom decides to throw her a three-oh birthday bash in the family funeral home.

Bad goes to worse when she stirs up a crazy relationship with the town's not so warm and fuzzy veterinarian, Ian McFarland, in order to flag Mark's attention. So Ian is more comfortable with animals... So he's formal, orderly and just a bit tense. The ever-friendly, fun-loving and spontaneous Callie decides it's time for Ian to get a personality makeover. But dang, if he doesn't shock the heck out of her, she might actually fall for Vermont's unlikeliest eligible bachelor.

My review:  I have to say I am not sure where I got this book from but when a friend asked if I wanted to read it with her I said sure. When I first picked up the book I really could not get into so I put it back down. Then I picked it up again and got interested in it. I liked Callie and her relationship with her grandfather Noah. Their taunting each other back and forth had me smiling. Callie's family were all quite the trip. Now her boss Mark had me getting upset with him the way he was acting towards her, nor did I care for her co-worker Fleur - she was too fake for me. I liked Ian from the get go even though he was a little grumpy at times. The way his and Callie's story flowed was enjoyable to read. One thing that drove me crazy was the little snipits like Michelle Obama and Betty Boop were talking to Callie - I don't know why but this bugged me. This book did have me smiling at times, a little sad at times and waiting to see what happened next at times. One last note I loved the story around the rocking chair. All in all the book was a good book and if you are a fan of romance novels you will enjoy this book.

1 comment: