December 8, 2013

A Biltmore Christmas by Diane T. Ashley, Sylvia Barnes, Rhonda Gibson and Jerri O'Dell


A Biltmore Christmas - A Four-in-One Collection by Diane T. Ashley, Sylvia Barnes, Rhonda Gibson and Jerri O'Dell

Synopsis: The four orphaned Bradford sisters find employment and romance at the Biltmore estate at Christmastime.

Charity's adventure-less life takes a surprising and welcomed turn when she meets handsome Malachi Claybrook. Charity dreams of Clay, but will his true identity make a dream come true romance impossible?

A first day blunder has chambermaid Selma falling for a wealthy guest ... and Jacob Sinclair enamored by the lovely servant. Can God help them remove the strict boundaries of their stations to bond them as one?

Peggy loves being an assistant cook at the Biltmore estate. But when a trip to the garden for honey brings beekeeper Mark Ludman into her life, will unexpected romance lead to a new lie for an old maid?

Melissa is thrilled be following in her sisters' footsteps by working at the Biltmore estate. That is, until it becomes clear that her own talents reside in the stables, not the kitchen. Then she meets Ned Robinson and her tomboy ways begin to soften...but will Ned's proposal end up breaking her heart?

Will Christmas be the season of love in each young woman's life?

My review: I enjoyed this collection of Christmas stories set at the Biltmore. The stories were not too long so the book read very fast and I finished it in two days. The only complaint I have is I wish each story could have been just a bit longer but that is not really a complaint is it. I enjoyed each sister's story about how they found love. Peggy was a favorite when reading about how much she was respected in her job and I enjoyed reading about Mark, Charity's story was my favorite one to read as I loved Clay, Selma was another favorite story of mine as I also liked Jacob, I even felt bad for him at one point, in Melissa I totally understood her as a tomboy and not thinking she has any talents, I wanted to be her friend. I have always wanted to go to the Biltmore and reading this book makes me want to go even more. I recommend this book for a nice quick holiday read.

1 comment: