September 22, 2013

Rebellious Heart by Jody Hedlund


I received this book from Bethany House Publishing in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Rebellious Heart by Jody Hedlund
Trade Paperback
ISBN: 9780764210488






Synopsis: In 1763 Massachusetts, Susanna Smith has grown up with everything she's ever wanted, except one thing: and education. Because she's a female, higher learning has been closed to her, but her quick mind and quicker tongue never back down from a challenge. She's determined to put her status to good use, reaching out to the poor and deprived. And she knows when she marries well, she will be able to continue her work with the less fortunate.
Ben Ross grew up a farmer's son and has nothing to his name but his Harvard education. A poor country lawyer, he doesn't see how he'll be able to fulfill his promise to make his father proud of him. When family friends introduce hi to the Smith family, he's drawn to quick-witted Susanna but knows her family expects her friends to introduce him to the Smith family, he's drawn to quick-witted Susanna but knows her family expects her to marry well. When Susanna's decision to help an innocent woman no matter the cost crosses with Ben's growing disillusionment with their British rulers, the two find themselves bound together in what quickly becomes a very dangerous fight for justice.

My review: This book was a good one for me to read as I love books set in this time period.  I had a hard time putting this book down, it was one of those books that just suck you in.I felt for Susanna because I can't imagine not being able to be educated. Susanna is such a strong character that I enjoyed reading about her. The author did a very good job of including history and romance in this story. This book is loosely based on John and Abigail Adams life which to me added to the book and story. I recommend this book to all.

1 comment: