August 14, 2015

Patchwork Bride by Jillian Hart


Published: August 1, 2010
Number of pages: 288
Genre: Historical Fiction
Series: Buttons & Bobbins

Synopsis:
At last, Meredith Worthington is returning to Angel Falls, Montana. Now that she's escaped the matchmaking and scheming of her East Coast finishing school, she can follow her dream of becoming a teacher. And perhaps get to know Shane Connelly, the intriguing new wrangler on her father's ranch....Shane had a bellyful of "eligible ladies" back East. So he left them--and his high-society family--behind. Meredith reminds him of everything he'd like to forget, yet he can't resist her charm. But will love have time to blossom before she discovers the secret he's been hiding all along?

What I thought of the book:
I enjoyed this book even though for me it started out a little slow. I did not read the first book in this series and had no problem keeping up, it can be read as a stand alone. Meredith was my favorite character of the book. She knew what she wanted and did not like that her mom thought they should be better than others. She just wanted to be a normal person. What she did not realized it that the horse trainer that her father hired (Shane) wanted the same thing for his life. Meredith's friends were also nice and I believe that is what the other books are about - so it would be nice to go and find out more about what happens to them. I also really liked Minnie - Meredith's sister. All in all a nice story. 

What did I think of the cover:
I liked the picture used for the cover of this book. It is part of what made me pick the book up. 

Buttons and Bobbins Series:
#1 Gingham Bride
#2 Patchwork Bride
#3 Calico Bride
#4 Snowflake Bride

No comments:

Post a Comment